My North Star

My ray of hope, my guiding light,
The world may turn around me but the one that stays fixed, is you.

How you manage to be peaceful, patient and most importantly this tolerant after so many ups and downs, is a question I try to find answers for,

In search for answers I land at places aplenty,
In your way of appreciating the little things,
Your way of making everything right,
Your will to change every wrong,
The efforts you put for the smallest of tasks,
How you value your relationships and respect everyone,
Your empathy and compassion can melt anyone's heart,

So still and calm,
Hun, are you a work of art?


Like the north star on a dark night,
You show me the way to reach out for the right path,
Maybe miles apart but your light still reaches my heart,

Like a lost traveller, I look upto you for the way forward,
And you usher me through the uncertainty and confusions in my head.

You are my support,
You are there to make me moving again,
Each step ahead I take, 
I see you motivating me, hoping for the best.

You're my north star,
Full of tenderness and generosity,
Childlike emotional approach towards life,
Still headstrong with decisive abilities,
And unconditional love to offer everyone,

You show me my destination,
Your light illuminates my life,
You're strong, gentle and kind,

Your pure heart of gold,
Shining always bright.
.
You're everything I could have asked for.

.

(Disclaimer- The term "North Star" here, has been personified as a supporter/lover, mostly this term is used as a metaphor for passion or destination.)
(Also, I'm a juvenile at writing poems so bear with me)
(Hun* - Honey)

Comments

Popular Posts