To, Dadaji.

To Dadaji,

I still cannot believe this, you were so cheerful and fine,
why did you go then?
Just two months ago we celebrated your birthday, and you were the happiest.

You didn't even wait for me to meet you again,
No final goodbyes no parting ways,
you just left me with grief and pain,
everyone says that you went off contentedly,
But how am I supposed to accept it,
when now I see your phlegmatic face.


The only merry place now seems to be my old memories with you,
Filled with regret, for the last time I wish i could see you again,
With the same enthusiasm you would ask me to achieve my goals and make you proud,
you would ask me to be a nice daughter and a caring sister,
You would decently boast about your youthful days,
In your sweet voice you would call my name,
we would laugh out loud,
Discuss politics and play games.

As a child, I remember, you took me to parks,
For long walks and to different temples,
You were the only math teacher I used to love to learn from,
you fixed our bicycles' tyres and chains,
Told us fictional and real ghost stories and incidents,

You were tired of us asking you to tell stories,
Everytime you thought you have scared us the most,
We used to return back and ask you for more,
No matter how much we annoyed you, you never rebuked,
What is unconditional love, I've learned from you.

Today I sit numb,
I can never go back to those days,
I think of all the memories we've made,
With teary eyes and a smile on my face,
I also feel proud to have known a selfless and beautiful soul like you,

The time we've spent together can never be expressed in words,
It is like a huge album of photos,
I'll visit again and again,
I will relive every memory with you,
when I'll think of you,
I know you will still tap my head and smile with pride,
when I'll follow your path and make your every dream come true,
You're not gone too soon,
You will always stay in my heart,
I will always have a reason to smile.

I am reminding myself that you've gone away,
It is a huge loss,
Something I can never repair,
But the time I've had with you will always guide my way,
I'll remember you in good and bad days,
and I know you will always be there,
With a heavy heart and a stifled throat,
I write this letter to you today,
Read it when you feel bored up there,
I'll keep writing to you always.

Yours truly,
Dheerti

Comments

Popular Posts