"I don't know, who Deepak?"

All of us have had our experiences with creepy people, but have you ever found them better than anyone?
I have, for once I thought that getting away from a creep is much easier. (I know it is not)

I was in my first year of college,
Just passed out of school
Got a fancy new phone
And over amused and excited to attend my new classes.

Just as I was getting ready to head out
I received a call,
I was in a hurry, and it was an unknown number so didn't pick up,
And went ahead with getting ready,
And put the phone on silent mode.

Reached college, attended lectures and came back home,
To see 5 missed calls from the same number,
I thought to call back, but what if it is a creepy guy?
Okay we can block calls I know, and what if it is important?
If it is important then the person will call again and I didn't call back. (Phew! I know)
(I shy away from calls, maybe because I'm awkward at talking on phone, I'm more of a face to face person you know?!)

I won't lie, I was waiting for the call,
And to my much amazement I got a call,
It was half past 6 in evening,

I picked it up,
And from the other side I heard a woman say something,
I couldn't understand so I asked her to repeat again,
To which she replied, rather shouted,
"Can't you hear?" (Sunai nai deta kya)
I asked for pardon and requested her to repeat again,
And she said, "where are you Deepak?" (Kaha ho tum Deepak)
I said, "I'm no Deepak, wrong number" and cut the call.

After this incident I kept thinking for an hour and even consulted my sister if my voice sounded masculine?


Later that night,
Again I received a call from the same number and I thought of confronting this woman who (I believed) behaved so rudely with me,

I picked up again, to hear a new voice,
This time an old woman,
"Where is Deepak?" She asked,
I said, "I don't know, who Deepak?"
She replied, "my son Deepak, ask him to talk to me, I know he is with you!"
"You've called the wrong number!" I replied,
She shouted at the peak of her voice, 
"You liar, you witch, ate my son, how dare you?" "Make me talk to him!"
I had lost it by this time,
I shouted back (in a subtle way, or my mom would have come running upstairs) 
"I'm telling you I don't know any Deepak, this is wrong number don't you understand, ask for the right number of your son from somebody"
And I cut the call,
Could not listen to any more crap.

She called again,
I don't know why but I picked up,
Maybe because I thought explaining more nicely would help,
As I went on to say, "see I'm sorry but this is not Deepak's number, you are calling the wrong person"
I heard a loud voice cry, "I never thought my son would do this, he left his wife and children for you!"

For a second there was deadening silence,
This was it, I cut the call and headed my thumb for the block button.

As I laid down on my bed,
I burst out laughing,
A weird thought ran into my head, 
a creepy guy would have been better than that.

Comments

  1. It was..something out of the box..! Didn't see that coming. The way it was scripted, had all my attention till the very end, Well gripped.
    - Your Creep :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doubtful about this one. Glad you liked. Thank you my little creepo <3

      Delete
  2. good job Dheerti..waiting for more content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) will surely come up with more <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts