Aaloo k Paranthe

A regular day, you wake up, brush your teeth, do all the household chores, have breakfast, and, wait, breakfast? 
You all have breakfast normally? Are you regularly having breakfast??!
I don't, once I tried!

I received one notification as soon as I woke up, 
"Bro let's meet up early" 
I had planned to meet my friends for lunch,
One of them was busy that day and texted me to meet up early,
We were fine with it and decided to change the plan.
So now we were meeting for Brunch. Sounds quite appealing.

It was a holiday and everyone was home,
My mother made my favourite "Aaloo k Paranthe" for breakfast, (It's rare for us to have freshly served hot food for breakfast or lunch) 
Before I was going for a bath, she asked me to have some but I refused.
I was ready to head out at 11 when my mother asked me again,
I wanted to have them but I didn't as I thought I would get late.
I plugged out my phone from charger, switched it on and booked a cab.

I had arrived at the destination early I guessed,
None of my friends could be seen anywhere,
I tried calling them but they didn't even pick up,
The cab driver had other bookings and I couldn't keep him waiting with me so I decided to get out and went directly inside an infamous cafe,
I entered and sat on the first place I saw,
The cafe was empty and I was sitting there on a couch, staring at the walls and ceilings,
Must be looking like a dimwit.

I saw someone staring me, and very soon that person started coming towards me,
I put my head inside my phone and started acting like reading something.
As he came closer to me, my phone rang and alas, finally saw my friend's name on my screen. What a relief it was!

I picked up the call to hear from her,
"Aur bata, kaisi hai?"
I said, "Bro first tell me where are you, when are you reaching?"
To which she replied, "I'm at my home, chilling, we decided na we won't meet today?"
I gasped, and yelled out, "WHO WE?"
She replied, "Bro she didn't tell you?"
I said, "who she, no one did!"
"No one is picking up my phone, there's been no message, I don't know anything, you think I'm a fool, you all be playing or what!?"
She got scared and next I was on a conference call, where I was being explained how everything was decided when my phone was switched off and I was bathing and they tried to reach out but I was out of network or my phone was switched off.

I was mad. Mad.

It would have taken one message? 
What is all this modernity and these gadgets when we have to behave like stone age even today.

Now that I was there and I was hungry I decided to have something, but that waiter who was staring me and was already suspicious of me came towards me and said, "Ma'am please vacate this couch and occupy a smaller table."
I was not in a good mood and did not wanted to shout or fight so I just changed table without saying a word.

Tardily my order came and I could smile again,
So, I was having this Brunch alone, 
No doubt the food was delicious,
But I wished I would have had my mother's Aaloo k Paranthe instead.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts